The Konrad Adenauer Foundation (KAS), in cooperation with the Middle East Institute for Research and Strategic Studies (MEIRSS), seeks a full-time research assistant to play a key role in a project dealing with Lebanon’s National Defense Strategy. The aim is to support a research project analyzing the political situation surrounding possible negotiations over a defense strategy, both on a national and regional level.
The position is open to MA Graduates, preferably in Middle Eastern Studies, with knowledge on both Lebanon and civil-military relations in the region. Additional experience in a related field is a plus. Financial remuneration includes a monthly payment of $800 over a time period of 3 months to help cover living expenses. Working space at the offices of MEIRSS and KAS Lebanon will be provided. After the completion of the research draft, the paper will be presented at a closed conference next year for feedback from experts. Research contribution credits will be acknowledged in the final publication.
Requirements for an application are:
- M.A. degree in Political Science, International Relations, Middle Eastern/ Islamic Studies, Strategic Studies, or a similar academic field
- Demonstrable knowledge or work experience on civil-military relations in the Middle East
- Strong academic/professional background and research/work experience in the region
- Availability and willingness to support the ongoing project work of MEIRSS and KAS
- Nationality: MENA Region and Europe
- Starting Date: Negotiable, preferably September
Documents to be submitted in the application:
- CV with at least two references
- Cover Letter
- Short writing sample
Please send the requested documents to [email protected] with the subject line “Research Assistant NDS”. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis. If you were not contacted within two weeks of the deadline, your application was not successful.
Deadline for applications: July 31, 2019